Wondering the best strategy to employ in 2013 to improve your website’s SEO and online marketing?
Continuing on last year’s theme, it’s all about content. Creating new, innovative content is what B2B companies overwhelmingly report as being the kingpin to this year’s marketing strategy, with 91% of businesses say they use content marketing. But, what type of content? That’s where things get interesting.
In Content Marketing Institute’s new marketing report “2013 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends – North America,” companies surveyed say they used an average of 12 tactics for content marketing in 2012, up from eight tactics when surveyed in each of the prior two years. Larger companies used an average of 18 tactics, while small companies use an average of 11.
These tactics include:
- Social media not counting blog – 87%
- Articles on their own website – 83%
- eNewsletters – 78%
- Blogs – 77%
- Case studies – 71%
- Videos – 70%
- Articles on other websites – 70%
- In-person events – 69%
- White papers – 69%
- Webinars/Webcasts — 59%
- Research reports – 44%
- Microsites – 40%
- Infographics – 38%
- Branded content tools – 38%
- Mobile content – 33%
- eBooks – 32%
Some other interesting facts from the report:
- B2B marketers spent and average of 33% of their marketing budget on online content, up from 26% the prior year;
- B2B marketers are using and average of five social media channels, with LinkedIn being the most popular;
- Videos have shown the most growth, with 70% using them for content marketing compared to 52% the prior year;
- Brand awareness, customer acquisition and lead generation are the top three goals for content marketers this year;
- 54% of B2B marketers say they will increase their spending on content marketing this year
- The biggest challenge in content marketing, cited by 29% of companies surveyed, is producing enough content.
For assistance in developing online content that builds brand awareness, drives customer acquisition and lead generation and improves your SEO, contact Pilot Fish at 877-799-9994 ext. 2105.